Tag - Telegraf
While exploring vRealize Automation and SaltStack Config, I had the bright idea to expand the integrations across the vRealize Suite by automatically installing the vROPs Telegraf agent during a vRA Deployment. This would provide immediate guest OS monitoring and (optional) application monitoring to every machine deployed from vRA. What you’ll need: vRealize Automation 8.8 vRealize SaltStack Config 8.8 Integrated with vRealize Automation through either vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager or as a standalone SaltStack instance.
I was trying to install the vRealize Operations Telegraf agent on my VMs by following the documentation. I wrote the steps out in a Salt state file: unzip: pkg.installed install-telegraf: cmd.script: - source: https://cloudproxy.domain.tld/downloads/salt/download.sh - name: /tmp/download.sh -o install -v vrops.domain.tld -u admin -p [email protected] - mode: '0777' Salt takes the source and puts it in the location under name, executing it with the included arguments. However, everytime it ran I would get this:
- VCSA 7.0 File-based restore failing at 80%
- Create an Azure Virtual Network Gateway IPSec VPN to PFSense
- Convert a video file to a GIF using a MacOS Automator task
- Homelab - Routing and VLANs with a PFSense VM on a single host
- How to install vRealize Operations Telegraf agent using vRealize Automation and SaltStack Config