Tag - Storage
Note: A bit more testing on my end has found this script is only valuable if your VMDKs are on separate datastores. I am working to find a better metric to pull the data per VMDK. Background Have you ever heard of “Uncommitted Space” in vSphere? It’s one of those things we all seem to ‘know’ without really knowing. It’s a pretty standard metric most commonly found against vSphere Datastores.
My customer has successfully rolled out VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (or “vVols”) in their environment. They’re loving the simplicity of storage management in vSphere, but were a little stuck when they added a pair of newly installed ESXi hosts to their environment. The hosts were not mounting the vVols datastore as expected meaning hosts could not run VMs backed by vVols. All existing hosts were OK. To start, they dug in to the logs at /var/log/vvold.
- Error LCMVRLICONFIG40091 while deploying vRealize Log Insight 8.1 with vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1
- New Hugo blog theme - ClarityUI
- vCenter 6.7 U3 to vCenter 7.0 upgrade failing at pre-check with an internal error
- vSAN HCL Database Partnerweb Port Requirements
- How to replace a vCenter password in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.1 using the API