Tag - SaltStack
While exploring vRealize Automation and SaltStack Config, I had the bright idea to expand the integrations across the vRealize Suite by automatically installing the vROPs Telegraf agent during a vRA Deployment. This would provide immediate guest OS monitoring and (optional) application monitoring to every machine deployed from vRA. What you’ll need: vRealize Automation 8.8 vRealize SaltStack Config 8.8 Integrated with vRealize Automation through either vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager or as a standalone SaltStack instance.
During some recent lab work, I deployed a fresh vRealize SaltStack Config 8.8 appliance in my lab and had it integrated with vRA and vIDM. On first login I found that my vIDM/vRA administrator (config admin) was unable to see the minions in SaltStack Config UI. After some trial and error and working with some others internally, I found the issue was related to the default permissions provided by the vRA IAM integration.
- Restore of a Wordpress deployment is stuck redirecting the port
- Backups and Restores using Velero in TKGm 1.6.1
- Unable to upgrade the database: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not open shared memory segment: No such file or directory
- Upgrading Cloud Director 10.4.1 to 10.5
- Installing and Configuring Velero in TKGm 1.6.1 on vSphere