During some recent lab work, I deployed a fresh vRealize SaltStack Config 8.8 appliance in my lab and had it integrated with vRA and vIDM.
On first login I found that my vIDM/vRA administrator (config admin) was unable to see the minions in SaltStack Config UI.
After some trial and error and working with some others internally, I found the issue was related to the default permissions provided by the vRA IAM integration.
On a fresh deployment, the
configadmin account will receive “SaltStack Administrator” privileges out of the box:
Opening SaltStack Config straight after deployment you’ll see no minions in the Minions list.
You need to go back to vRA IAM and provide the appropriate Enterprise Groups or individual Users with
SaltStack Superuser privileges:
- Upgrading CSE-deployed Kubernetes clusters from TKG 1.5.4 to TKG 1.6.1
- Upgrading VCD Container Service Extension from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3
- Understanding and Deploying TKGm 1.6 into vSphere
- Forwarding Cloud Director App LaunchPad logs to vRealize Log Insight using the vRLI Agent
- EFI shell missing from boot menu